If you are wanting to get a copy of your irs tax return transcripts, you can do that by mailing form 4506-T to the irs and they will send it to you for free.

I heard somewhere where you can just go to a local office, but i think that was before, now i didn't read anywhere in the instructions where it says you can go to the local office.

If you are and individual and need a copy of your tax return information, you can do it two easy ways:

By Phone:

Call 1-800-829-1040
(you will need you social security number before you call)

By Mail:

Download form 4506T (Request for Transcript of Tax Return) from the IRS website at: http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html