After you select yes from the previous step, you will start to see the installer begin..

Installing the Debian base system
100%

Retrieving coreutils....

Install GRUB boot loader, Select Yes

[!] Install the GRUB boot loader on a hard disk
It seems that this installation of Debian is the only operating system on this computer. If so, it should be safe to install the GRUB boot loader to the master boot record of your first hard drive.

Warning: If the installer failed to detect another operating system that is present on your computer, modifying the master boot record will make that operating system termporarily unbootable, though GRUB can be manually configured later to boot it.

Install the GRUB boot loader to the master boot record:

<Yes> <No>

Once the installation has completed, removed the netinstall CD from your CD-ROM and reboot your computer

[!!] Finish the installation
Installation Complete
Installation is complete, so it is time to boot into your new Debian system. Make sure to remove the installation media (CD-ROM, floppies), so that your system boots from the disk to which Debian was installed.

<Continue>

Configure your time zone: I will select No here

Time zone configuration
Unix system clock are generally set to GMT ("Greenwich Mean Time", also known as "Universal Coordinated Time", or UTC). The operating system knows your time zone and converts sytem time into the local time. You can specify whether the hardwar clock is set to either GMT (recommended) for a Linux-only system_ or local time (whcih may be more conveneit for a system that also runs other operating systems or an off0the-shelf PC).

The hardwar clock says the time is now Sat 7 Jul 2007 08:50:00 PM UTC.

Is the hardware clcok set to GMT

<Yes> <No>

Since i am in california, i will select yes.

Time zone configuration
Based on your country, your time zone is probably American/Pacific

Are you in the Pacific Time?

<Yes> <No>

Now set the root password for your Debian system.

Configuring passwd
You need to set a password for 'root', the system adminstrative account. A malicious or unqualified user with root acces can have disastrous results, so you should take care to choose a root password that is not easy to guess. It should not be a word found in the dictrionay, or a word that could be easily associated with you, like your middle name. A good password will contain a mixture of letters, numbers and punctuation and will be changed at regular intervals. The root password is changed by runnign the 'passwd' program as root.

note that you wil not be able to see the password as you type it.

Root password:

<Ok> <Cancel>

Not its necessary to create a secon admin user: i will create a user: administrator

Configuration passwd
A user account will be created for you to use instead of the root account for non-administrative activities.

Enter a full name for the new user:

administrator

<Ok> <Cancel>

i will create admin as my username

Configuraing passwd
Select a username for the new account. Your first name is a reasonable choice. The username should start with a lower-case letter, which can be followed ny any combination of numbers and more lower-case letters.

Enter a username for your account:

admin

<Ok> <Cancel>

now i will give a password for the username i just created admin

Configuraing passwd
A good password will contain a mixture of letters, numbers and punctuation and will be changed at regular inervvals.

enter a password for the new user:

<Ok> <Cancel>

Select the Apt installation method. Select http

Apt configuration
please choose the method apt (the Debian package management tool) should use to access the Debian archive.

For example if you have a Debian cd, selec "cdrom", while if you plan to install via a Debian mirror, choose "ftp" or "http".

Archive access methos for apt:

cdrom
http
ftp
filesystem
edit sources list by hand

<Ok> <Cancel>

Select a mirror for the apt installation archive:

Apt configuration
Select the country the mirror shoud be in. You should us a mirror in your country or region if you do not know which mirror has the best Internet connection to you.

Mirror country:

United States

<Ok> <Cancel>

Select Mirron in your country: im going to select the closest to me, you should select yours.

Apt configuration
Selct the Debian mirrro apt should use. you should select a mirror that is close to your on the net.

Choose the Debian mirror to use:

fpt.us.debain.org

<Ok> <Cancel>

if you don't have a proxy, then leave this blank, I don't have one, so i will leave it blank

Apt configuration
If you need to use a HTTP proxy to access the outside world, please enter the proxy information here. Otherwise, leave this blank.

The proxy information should be the standeard form of "http://[[user]:pass1@]host[:prot]"

HTTP proxy information (blank for none):

<Ok> <Cancel>

Here you can select which debian software you want to install in your server. here since i want to setup a webserver i will choose Web server, NDS server, Mail server and SQL server

Debian software selection
At the momment, only the core of Debian is installed, To tune the installation to your needs, you can choose to instal one or more of the following predefinded collections of software. Experienced users may prefer to select packages manually:

Choose softear to install:

[ ] Destop environment
[*] Web Server
[ ] Print server
[*] DNS server
[ ] Mail server
[*] SQl database
[ ] manual package selection

<Ok>

If you wan to use Maildir later on you can install libc-client. otherwise, select No, But for me i will choose Yes.

Configuring libc-client2002edebian
Libc-client earlier than version 2002d (and develpment versions of 2003) included and unofficial and no longer maintined partch to support Maildirs. by default Maildirs were not used by uw-imapd or ippd, but if you have changed your system configuration or toher installed programs depend on libc-client then upgrading may result in broken mail handling.

do you want to continue installing libc-client without Maildir support?

Continue installing libc-client without Maildir suppport?

<Yes> <No>

Do not install Exim

Configuring Exim V4 (exim4-config)
Select the configuration type that best meets your needs.

System with dynamic IP addresses, including dialup systems, should generally be confgured to send outgoing mail to another machine, called a "smart host" for delivery. You can choose to receive mail on such a system; or to have no local mail delivery, except mail for root and postmaster.

General type of mail configuration:

internet site: mail is sent and received directly using SMTP
mail sent by smarthost: mreceived via SMTP or fetchmail
mails sent by smarthost: no lcoal mail
manually convert from handcrated Exim V3 configuration
no configuration at this time

<ok> <Cancel>

Contintue by selecting Yes.

Until your mail system is configured, it will be broken and cannot be used. You can of course configure it later, either by hand or by urnning "kpkg-reconfigure exim4-config" as root.

Really leave the mail system unconfgiured?

<Yes> <No>

Enter administrator as my mail postmaster: administrator

Mail for the "postmaster", "root", and other system accounts is usually redirected to the user account of the actual system administrator. If you leave this value empty, such mail wil be saved in /var/mail/mail, which is not recommended, Note that postmaster's mail should be read on the system to which it it directed, rather than being forwared elsewhere, so (at least one of) the users you choose should not redirected their mail off this machine. Use a "real-" prefix to force local delivery.

Enter one or more usernames separated by spaces.

Root and postmaster mail recipient:

administrator

<ok> <Cancel>

Success. You base system configurations is now Completed.

Debian base system configuration

Thank you for choosing Debian!

Setup of your Debian system is complete. You may now login at the login: prompt.

If you want to revisit this setup at a later date, just run the base-config program.

<ok>

Next step: Change Network Settings