One way to make your car feel like a real sports car is to put a short shifter gear changer. The original equipment (OEM) is usually longer. I wish I would have known about the short shifter before because once i put it on my car, it was like,, WOW!!! it was much better the the stock shifter. so here are the steps to take on this tutorial guide on the installation of a new shifter.

1. the first thing to do is to buy one. I bought mine at ebay. you can find a large variety and option in ebay. For my 1996 Nissan 300zx there were alot of options to choose from. I bought mine for $30 bucks, it cost me like #40 dollars after shipping and handling.

2. once you have bought a new shifter, remove the original from the car.

3. as you can see here, this is the new and the old.

4. in my 1996 Nissan 300zx, i had to save the old bushings and chollar because the ones that the new shifter came with did not fit. on your car, you may not have to do, but just be cautious and not throw them away, you never know if you are going to need them.

5. install the bushings and the collar into the new shifter

6. the new shifter comes with 4 parts

7. install part number 1 and tight it with the OEM bolt

8. next, installed part 2 and three

9. finally, install and tighten part 4 on the shifter

10. now put all the bezels you removed from the car and install back the shifter control knob

11. ENJOY !!!