1. Turn Your TV ON.
2. Find the codes listed below to the brand of your TV.
3. On the remote, Press and Release the TV key.
4. Press and hold in the SETUP key, until the TV key flashes twice, then release the SETUP key.
5. Using the number pad, enter in the first 4-digit code found next to your brand. The TV key will flash twice after the last number entered if this was done correctly.
6. Aim the remote at your TV and press the Power Key. If the TV turns OFF, you have found the right code. If the TV does not turn OFF, repeat steps 3 through 6 using the next code listed for your Brand.
UPDATE: thanks for all your comments. after reading some comments, if the above codes do not work on your TV, try adding a 1 at the beginning of it.
example: 0030 = 10030
Thanks to Kevin and Jon.
if for some reason your tv doesnt work, please reply with your comments with the make and model of your television set so we can look up the codes for you.
Model: R87 high definition LCD TV
Date Purchase: January 6, 2009
Location: San Francisco, California