The other day I was making a banner for my friend's website. His banner required a special letter but i didnt have the special fonts he wanted. So i searched the web to see what i could find. I found this website, i don't remember the correct url, but it was someing like 1001fonts or something like that. Anyway, I download it and installed in my computer.
After that, my photoshop CS version 8 started to act weird. It was working fine before, but now it gets stucks at the splashing screen "Reading Text Global Resources... " every time I start photoshop. I included this picture of how it looks when it gets hang.
You see, when photoshop is initializing(starting), it loads your preference file located at:
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings
the photoshop preference file is called: Adobe Photoshop CS Prefs.psp
HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM: Follow these steps:
1. Make sure your photoshop is not running. (or hanged) you can kill it with windows task manager by hitting control-alt-delete and select the task manager button.
2. find the file called "Adobe Photoshop CS Prefs.psp" in the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings\
* note: user will be whatever your are loged in as.
3. Delete this file or rename it to: Adobe Photoshop CS Prefs-old.psp (i just put "-old" at the end) - or whatver you want. The goal is so that photoshop doesnt use this .psp file again when it starts to load.
4. start photoshop, now it should load completely and it will prompt you to customize your color settings. You can click Yes or No.
Hope this helps. If you have any comments or questions, you can post them here.
keywords: photoshop cs ver. 8, crash, crashes, splash screen, loading, startup, starting, start, hang, not working, fix, resolve, fotoshop, repair, guide, problem, issue, situation, windows xp, fails to load, stopped working, what to do
if you need more assistance, you can view the forums about this topic: Adobe PhotoShop Error: reading-text-global-resources-done