The Magicians Club - Wow! I never expected so many comments on my article... People have been taken my quiz below. As a young Latino student in the heart of Los Angeles, I was exposed to the violence that these kids went through. I went to school with 'so called' gang members. If you were a gang banging, you were "Cool" - For some weird reason which I did not understand, the females would admire such violence. Many of the girls at school wanted to go out with gang bangers. I can't image why, but I guess it was because women look for a strong character person. Certainly, if you were in a gang, you had to endure many tough challenges.

I was fortunate or smart enough to keep me away from gangs. That's what my mother would like to believe. The truth why I never going the TMC or any other gang was because I detest violence. I don't like hurting other people. If you were in a gang, you will have to be introduced to violence. Some of the characters leaving messages on this post will probably call me a cower. I don't think I am a coward. I studied hard and stayed out of trouble. Now I am a successful Data Center Manger for a mega company in Silicon Valley. Having the sense to know better to hurt other people and to have Jesus in my life helped me stayed away from gang, drugs and violence.

I don't claim to be an expert on the TMC gang. All I can tell you my experience was in dealing with kids who claimed to be in the gang. If you really want to know the mentality of these "Magicians" look in the comments section below, it will give you a clear idea of who they were and who they are now. Looking at the comments, you will see many of their friends died. The ones who survived are the ones who reply to my comments. Why? some of them survived because they moved away or they ran away. These are the smart one. Their friends would call them cowards for running away, I called them smart. But who am I to judge. Life was difficult and it would not be fair to judge these young kids making terrible decisions.

Even in 2020, the decisions these kids made are relevant in today's society. For example, many of the kids that were in the TMC gang were deported to countries like El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala - They completely disrupted society in a negative way. These poor countries can't bear the level of violence that were mounted on the innocent people. I hope someday I can do something about it. Or maybe even better, these men, how are no longer kids, will realize that there is no future in violence and war.

In 1988 I used to live in Los Angeles and I went to Belmot high school and there was this stupid kid who always threaten everyone by saying that he was from the magician club and the he will get his hommies to kick your butt. I thought he was a coward, by threatening everyone and not fighting his mole by himself, instead, he thought he was a bad because he would call on his gang members to fight for him, what a leva. I really didn't have much respect for him. I though of him as a coward.

Update: Now I see a bunch of ol'timers writing stuff on my post. I have read them all. I am 43 years old now. I was 17 when I went to Belmonth High.

What I would like to ask all these old timers is this:

1. What benefit did you gained from being in this gang?
2. If you had to do it all over again, would you still join a gang?
3. If you have kids, would you want them to be in a gang?

Thanks, i appreciate your replies. I know it wasn't an easy way to live in Los Angeles. There were alot of challenges. Our parents worked really hard for us and we sadly disappointed them.

TMC Gang Quiz

Test your knowledge of The Magicians Club gang from Los Angeles and Hollywood.