Since i was a teen ager i thought i had ulcers. I went to the doctor to see what was wrong with me, it turned out i only had too much stress. you see, when you are under alot or abnormal stress, your stomach makes more acid, this acid is normal, the stomach uses this acid to brake down the foods you eat, so the food neutralizes the acid, but if you have no food in your stomach, the acid burns your stomach. Things like coffee, soda or alchohol will make things much worst, so avoid these things.
Some good foods to eat is things like bread or milk. also avoid foods with alot of grease or oils, this will have the same affect as acidity foods like soda. A good medicine i take is milanta (milk of magnisium) to calm you acid. When I went to the doctor he prescribed me some anti-acid medicne. since then i try to avoid sodas, coffee, alcohol drnks, grease foods and i have to say its been almost 20 years and i've felt better since.

My wife also thought she had ulcers, the doctor had her take some x-rays of her stomach to see if she had any holes in her stomach, but the x-ray show her stomach lining was good. so the doctor gave her some anti-acid medicen and now she feels better. I guess during that time, her parents were not doing well with their health and i think she was stressing out on that.