im currently working on a project where if you're operating system becomes corrupted, or it crashes because of some worm or virus, you'll be able to get your data.

currently, if you system lets say crashes, you loose all you data.

but i have created a new operating system based on linux where if for some reason you operating system files become corrupted and there's just no way to recover the operating system itself, you can re-install the same operating system but it only install on the disk space where the original OS was and leaving all the data files where they were, so when you have re-installed a fresh OS, you'll be able to access the files, infact, you don't have to install the OS, the data is stored in a different partition on the same disk, this way you get to keep your data and you can backup your data. think of it like this. one side is only the operating system and on the other, is only the data.

but unfortunately, i've ran out of resouces, im only doing this on my own time and ofcourse, like everyone else, i have to go to a job to support myself. but hopefully someday i'll finish this project and i can distribute as open source, but for now, there are so many bugs, so little time...

if anyone is interested in helping out with this project, i would appreciate it. thanks