if you have a water filtration system in your home, then you know how great tasting water can be when you have install a RO filter in your house. but every 6 months you have to replace the water filters membranes. this is a hassle and sometimes its better to just pay someone or a plummer to come out and replace them for you. but you can save 100 bucks if you do it yourself. so i will show you how you can replace it yourself.

1. the first step is to abviously get the right parts. here i got a whole year worth of supply.
20081015_6532_filters-water.jpg

2. next remove the old water filter unit from down your sink
20081015_6532_filter-watts.jpg

3. now unscrew the units containing the filters housing. sometimes, you will have to use a special tool provided by the manufacturer of the filter system. in this case, once came with the filters. (see arrow)
20081015_6532_filter-housing.jpg

4. ewwww. as you can see, if we didnt have a water filter at home, we would be drinking all this. yuck!!!
20081015_6532_filter-dirty.jpg

5. now that you have removed the old dirty filter, replace it with the new one. replacing is very easy just drop it in
20081015_6532_filter-clean.jpg

6. once you have the new filter inside, screw in the housing. make sure you screw it in with your hand first, then tighten with the tool. i have a special plastic wrench provided by the maker of this OS filter.
20081015_6532_-reverse-ormosis.jpg

7. once you have all your sediments and carbon filters in.. its time to replace the 6 month membrane filter.
20081015_6532_filter-membrane.jpg

8. once you have replaced all the filters, let the water tank get full and drain all the water out. then let it fill up again. and see if the water still runs black. the black is from the carbon in the filters. dont worry its ok. if it runs clean. then you can start enjoying your clean water.. until six months from now.. hahaa enjoy
20081015_6532_filter-foucet.jpg

hope this helps you. if you need more advise, just let me know