have you noticed that most websites now are full featured, which means they have more pictures and more multimedia content. all this multimedia makes it tuff for people who have dialup to surf the internet. well, if you have dialup you can make your computer surf your pages faster.

if you are surfing the interent for information, this trick works great, but if you are surfing the internet for pictures on a dialup connection. this trick will not work.

ok, on your internet explorer brower click on tools, then internet options. a new window will pop-up

then click on the "settings" button, another window will open.

on "check for newer versions of stored pages" select never the Click on the OK button and again on the OK button to close all the window popus you have opened.

now when you browse the internet, the content your browser already downloaded to your computer will not be downloaded again and it will be faster.

there's another trick you can configure internet explorer so that only text is shown, leaving all the multimedia stuff out. often, i search the web looking for information. most information i am looking for is on text, so i don't care much for the pictures. so to show text only on all the pages you visit you can do this and it will make your surfing faster.

again, click on tools, then on internet options , then click on the "advance" tab at the top right of the popup window.

scroll down until you see the "multimedia" and make sure the following ARE NOT SELECTED:

Play animations in web pages
Play sounds in web pages
Show image download placeholders
Show pictures
Smart image dithering
dial up options

after you have UNSELECTED the above options, click OK and then OK again to close all the popups. now when you visit webpages, only the text will be shown on your browser, and the browser will not download the images and it will load your pages faster.