last week i was driving to work, when i go into my car and started driving, i noticed my car felt weird. so i got out of the car, and behold, one of my rear tires was flat. so i went to the auto parts store and bought a self fix kit. so i did it myself and save me a lot of money. so i am posting what i did just in case someone wants to do it by yourself. so did is how i was able complete the fixing / repairing of my tire in car automobile.

1. the first step is to look where the puncture happened, in my case, you can see this stupid nail on my tire:
20081121_1_fix-tire-1.jpg

2. next remove the object that punctured your tired:
20081121_1_fix-tire-2.jpg

2.1 - now if your pliers are not enough to remove the object, for me, i had to use a hammer to remove that big nail inside my tire.
20081121_1_fix-tire-2-1.jpg 20081121_1_fix-tire-2-2.jpg

3. now the i got the nail removed out of the tire, i can start with the repair kit i buy at the auto parts store.
20081121_1_fix-tire-3-kit.jpg

3.1 the kit comes with a rasp tool, so get the rasp tool and insert the rasp tol into the hole, sliding up and down to clean the inside of the hole
20081121_6784_tire-3-rasp-tool.jpg

4. remove repair plug from backing material and insert into eye of needle tool. center plug within eye opening, if you have difficulty inserting plug into eye, it may be opened up slightly with a flat screwdriver:
20081121_6784_re-4-needle-tool.jpg

5. insert needle with repair plug into the hole until plug is pushed in approximately 2/3 of the way in. NOTE: cement may be used for lubrication and adhesion. i used it, it made it easier to insert the plug. the kit comes with rubber glue.
20081121_6784_re-5-insert-plug.jpg

5.1 Pull needle straight out, without twisting, in a rapid motion.
20081121_6784_ix-tire-5-1-plug.jpg

6. cut off excess plug material flush with tread of tire, inflate tire to manufacture's recommended pressure.
20081121_6784_fix-tire-6-cut.jpg

thats it,

NOTE: for the temporary repair of tubeless tire punctures. the general industry standard recommends a combination plug and inner liner patch to be considered a permanent repair. if you have doubts you should see a tire repair professional.

hope this helps

let me know your comments please