yeah, mine cost me like $3000 dollars...

usually the transmission shop will quote you something like 1500 for a rebuilt transmission to be installed.. then they will tell you that you may need a clutch..

they will tell you.. you might as well change the clutch now (which make sense, because it would be chapter to replace the clutch now since the transmission is already removed)

after you say yes to the clutch, it will be another 700 bucks, now you came from 1500 to 2200

then they will say, you should change the drive shaft u-joints. since the transmission is already removed, it would make sense right.. so you agree. they tell you it will cost 200 bucks.. so now you are at 2400 bucks..

they come back and tell you there is a problem. the way the drive-shaft is made by Nissan is not normal, and you cannot replace the u joints, you have to replace the whole drive-shaft.. and get this.. only the dealer sells that type of drive shaft, so that's another 1500 so now you are

------

oh wait,, there is something else, they will tell you that it would be a good idea to change the rear differential oil. you think about it and it does make sense. after all, you are putting a new transmission and to be running with old oil it doesnt make sens. so that another 100 dollars

ok, you get your car back after two weeks of dealing with all this crap, you are excited because you paid 3800 so it better be like new, right..

you test drive it and wow, it runs ..

a week later that car starts to make weird noises from the transmission, the clutch is getting stuck, you take it to the mechanic and they said, they fix it, it was an adjustment that was needed..

two weeks go bay, you start to notice the clutch starting to get hard to shift again.. dang!!! you waste another day and you take it to the shop... they said, that the clutch had to be replaced.. why? they wont tell you..

ok by now you are really scared right.. with all this i have gone through with my Z.. its a true story.

at the end, i ended up doing it myself, i bought a used JDM transmission with low milage (from japan) = $500

got a clutch from ebay for $200

and a new driveshaft from