TQTI Test PART 1 – Computer Concepts And Usage
The first part of the TQTI Test will test you on your knowledge of basic computer of software and hardware like computer parts and functions. some examples of basic computer functions you wil be testes on are internet,windows,hard drives, Windows, Linux, Unix
This is a practice Quiz i created for the tqt1 test. you can find the test below, but before you take this practice exam, make sure to read this article, it will give you an advantage for passing the test.
Hello, I worked for a telecom company for the last 24 years. when i started working for this company, i started as an operator. a TSPS operator. then i moved into an OSPS operator. after getting tired of the lay offs every year, my manager said i could apply for a technician job. i looked at the jobs and they all required the TQT1 level 1 grade.. i was scared because i had no knowledge of electronics at all so when i wanted to apply for a telecommunications technician for the phone company, i needed to take this test. fortunately, the union (CWA) was offering classes for preparing for the TQT1 test. i had no knowledge of electronics and when i first took the test, i failed. then i took the class that the union was offering and after 2 months of taking the class, i finally passed the test. these are the notes i took when i was in class so im posting here for anyone who is in the same situation as i am who needs to study for the tqt1 test to take a tech job. i have a question. what is the correct test, is it TQT1 or TQTi ?? can someone please tell me?
so these are some sample questions i have included in the text file you can download below:
1. What is called when devices send data on a fixed path from point to point?
2. What is it called when data is sent through a mesh of networks?
3. What is a pre-defined path in a network of switches called?
NOTE: These are just example questions.. these are not the actual questions on the test but they are related to the topics you will be asked on the exam. but the test will ask you for questions similar to these topics, if you can answer these questions and you can probably pass the test without any problems.
for example, it is a good idea to know about telecommunications, electricity, computer and mathematics. these are some of the topics they will ask. ofcourse, no one knows the exact answers on the exam, if you are tying to get the actual answers, they you will be cheating. there is no way to cheat on this, it is all about knowledge.
these are some categories is a good idea to familiarize yourself with:
satellites, antennas, cables, fiber, coax, rj45, twister-pair, multiplexer, POTS, ISDN, T1, T3, OCx, frame relay, SONET, CPU, memory, volts, amps, ohms, resistance, impedance, testers, voltmeters, Mathematics, Algebra, sine waves, microwaves, binary, error checking, synchronization, TCP/IP and more..
if you know all the categories i provide above, then you have a pretty good chance of passing the class. most of these categories are related to Computer Science. If you are not sure what some of the above categories are, you can ask a question here.
I AM GOING TO PUT THIS IN CAPS, BECAUSE I FEEL THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART ABOUT TAKING THE EXAM:
* PREPARE YOURSELF - THE DAY BEFORE YOU GO TO THE TESTING CENTER, RELAX YOUR MIND, TAKE IT EASY, GO TO SLEEP EARLY, TAKE A SHOWER BEFORE YOU GO TO BED.
* WHEN YOU GET UP IN THE MORNING TO GO TAKE YOUR EXAM, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD BREAKFAST. BE SURE TO SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT IN THE MORNING. YOUR BRAIN WILL PERFORM BETTER IN THE MORNING WHEN IT HAS MORE ENERGY. SCHEDULE IT AS EARLIEST AS POSSIBLE.
* BEFORE YOU START THE TEST, DO A QUICK RELAXATION ON YOUR MIND AND BODY. THROWN DOWN YOUR SHOULDERS AND ARMS. EXERCISE YOUR NECK AND CLOSE YOUR EYES. DO THIS FOR ABOUT 10 SECONDS BEFORE YOU START
I want to wish you good luck.