Are you requesting an accommodation to the naturalization process because of a disability or impairment? (see instructions for some examples of accommodations.)
if you answered "Yes," check the box that applies
[] I am deaf or hearing impaired and need a sign language interpreter who uses the following language:
[] I use a wheelchair
[] I am blind or sight impaired
[] I will need another type of accommodation. Explain _________________

there are some people who use a wheelchair to go about their lives, the governament has set laws for people with disabilities so they can go about their lives just as everyone else. so its important for them to have special access to things everyone else. for example, access to a federal building. if a disabled person needs to go to a building with a stairs with three steps, its easy for you and me, but for a person with disabilities in a wheelchair, its impossible without getting hurt. so there must be a wheelchair ramp.

another example would be a blind person with a guide dog. normally, buildings do not allow animals inside, but a guide dog is an animal, so special consideration must be given to a person with a guide dog.

this is what the current guide says about this question:

Disability — If you have a physical or developmental disability or a mental impairment so severe that it prevents you from acquiring or demonstrating the required knowledge of English and civics, you may be eligible for an exception to these requirements. To request an exception, you must file a "Medical Certification for Disability Exceptions" (Form N-648). If you believe you qualify, contact a licensed medical or osteopathic doctor or licensed clinical psychologist who will need to complete and sign your Form N-648.

To apply for a disability exception, your disability:
must be at least 1 year old (or be expected to last 1 year); and
must not have been caused by illegal drug use.

If you qualify for this exception, an interpreter, who is proficient in English and the language of your choice, must accompany you to the interview. If you qualify for a medical exception from the English and civics requirement, you must still be able to take the Oath of Allegiance to the United States. If you cannot communicate an understanding of the meaning of the oath because of a physical or mental disability, USCIS may excuse you from this requirement.

Disability Accommodations — Under section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, USCIS provides accommodations or modifications for applicants with physical or mental impairments that make it difficult for them to complete the naturalization process. In order for USCIS to have enough advance notice to respond to accommodation requests, applicants are encouraged to state their needs on the place provided in the "Application for Naturalization" (Form N-400).

How can I prepare for the English and civics tests? Many schools and community organizations help people prepare for their naturalization tests.

USCIS has a variety of study materials available for the naturalization test at These materials include the 100 civics (history and government) questions and answers; reading and writing vocabulary lists; Civics Flash Cards; and the study booklet, Learn About the United States: Quick Civics Lessons. In addition, you can find links to other Internet sites that can help you get more information on U.S. history and government and help you find English classes in your area.

for the lates guide, you should visit the official website at