Norton Internet Security Sonar Protection Not Fixed

Forums » General Errors » Norton Internet Security Sonar Protection Not Fixed
This is an error i am getting on my Norton Internet Security suit software that says 'Norton Internet Security Sonar Protection Not Fixed' when i click on the fix button on the Norton anti-virus software installed in your microsoft windows computer
This is an error i am getting on my Norton Internet Security 2010 when i click on the fix button

for some reason, when i try to fix it says:

FIX NOW
Fix not complete
Item: SONAR protection
Support

i dont know what to do to resolve this problem i dont understand the message

here is a snapshot of the windows that pops up
23p-7594-norton-sonar-protection.gif

update: thanks tom, tom's reply was the best solution. you can find tom's answer in the comments below, you'll know is tom's reply because you will see a bunch of thumbs up!!! if not, look for the most liked comments, that the solution that worked best.
bhaveshkumar
my pc have sonar protection problem so pls fix my issue.
Tom
Left Click "Help and Support"
Then Left Click "Get Support"
Then Left Click "Begin Support Session"

It will start a scan of your system. Mine had an issue with the Sonar definitions. It asked to reboot to confirm, and upon reboot everything was fixed and running properly.
http://wallpaperama.com/forums/norton-internet-security-sonar-protection-not-fixed-t7594.html
Claudia
I have the same problem. Norton support and I have removed Norton and reinstalled many times. I want it to be fixed and at the same time I want to know if the computer is safe or not. I have been trying to fix the problems for days and hours, I am tired. Olease, a solution!
sean
Most of my Norton problems in the past have been solved by downloading the Norton Removal Tool (NRT.EXE), removing the product, reinstalling once, and if that doesn't work, cutting my losses and installing Kaspersky Internet Security or Avira.
joshua
sonar protection not fixed, though it says fix now but end up not fixing it. what do i do to resolve the problem.
thanks
tanisha
i am having this same issue!!!!!!!! please help
Robert
I had the Sonar Advanced Protection error -3039,1 problem on my Norton 360 v4. I tried Tom's solution, which only takes about 2mins and after a reboot, every thing is working perfectly. THANKS TOM!
rahul
me 2 facing d same problem of not fixing sonar protection
Tracy
I am having the same problem as everyone else with Sonar Protection!This is an error i am getting on my Norton Internet Security 2010 when i click on the fix button for some reason, when i try to fix it says:

FIX NOW and then it goes right back to being not fixed i dont know what to do to resolve this problem i dont understand the message with Sonar Protection. Could you please guide me in getting this fixed. Thank you!!
Robert
Hi Tracy, try Tom's solution, it worked for me!
Rihard
I have installed all latest updates and have caried out a quick scan , no viruses found.
Freeman
Thankyou Tom, your solution worked for me!Norton works fine on my system now.
Doo
Tried Tom's solution, restarted. worked like a charm. Thanks a lot
Thomas
Me Too!! Do not like this problem, how do I FIX it?!?!!
gloria
i get from norton all is well then i keep getting this?
delaina
i click on fix it and it says problem not fixed, what do i need to do to fix the problem?
cameron
my norton keep coming up with sonar proctection tryed fixing it and its saying cannt be fix dunno what to do
mikael
ADVICE!!!!!!!! -------You should read the above wall.----END ADVICE!!!!!!!!!
amit
pla give the solution to fix the sonar protection
philip
plz take care of this problem it's a pain in my #$%.(sonar protection)
melvin
i get the same message about sonar protection after hitting fix. it says not fixed. is it safe or should i contact norton about this problem, it just appeared 11/9/2010. someone please help. i got my pc fixed about 2 weeks ago after it got a virus. the computer place sold me a norton disk. i don't want anything else to happen last damage cost $ 175.00.
Alpa
I tried Tom's suggestion, it worked. Thanks, Tom.
Master....
Hey tom, your solution works...
Please follow his steps it works, Thanks Again...
Eva
Thank you Tom !!!!! really!!! I did what you suggested and it worked perfectly. The "Not fixed"nightmare is finally over Have a great day eva
wowww
all you have to do is browse the forum till u see why everyone is thanking tom for...js follow his instructions people...things wont just happen by themselves
jojo
Tom's solution worked like a charm!
welove
where is tom?? i cant find anything ...
charlie
We are unable to communicate with one of our servers. Would you like to attempt to correct this problem by releasing and renewing your IP settings?
jayfifa
TOM LEGEND
nia
OMG...i was starting to wounder about why everyone was thanking Tom until this SONAR protection happened to mine. Now its my turn to say a big 'Vinaka' (thank you - in Fijian)..it really does work...U r a life save on Computers Tom....
Sandy
Is this serious if so how do I take care of it?
Mr
So...What did Tom say to do ?
Ace
Whats the solution???
betty
what can I do to fix the Sonar Protection
candy
go to page 2 and follow Tom's instructions. they seriously work i was stressing out over the Sonar not fixed problem and Tom saved my day. THANKS TOM!!!!!
JEFF
I AM ALSO GETING SONAR PROBLEMS TRIED ALL BUT TO NO AVAIL SWITCH OFF -FOLLOWING DAY NOT A PROB ALL FINE LATER IT SAYS SONAR AGAIN BACK TO SQUARE ONE --WHY DO I NEED TO WORRY OR IGNORE IT???
Ken
How to correct Sonar Protection that keeps coming up
Fredrick
sonar protection has a bug on Vista computer. I push the button to fix, nothing happens. Please help! Thanks.
marlon
you need to update to windows 7 or 8, vista is not a good operating system, whoever still has vista, get rid of it, its the best advise you are going to get
Marsha
I followed Tom's directions from page 2. Click on your Norton Security icon. When it comes up, click on "support", the "go to support", and follow the directions from there. Once you restart the computer, it should work.
malli
hi

Can you little bit more
malini
thanks Tom your solution 100% works.thanks
mar
how do you guys fix it..im having same prob now..
sele
This really worked. Is the best. Thanks Tom.
CEIL
What does Norton have to say about this problem? Has anyone talked to them about Sonar?
Cliff
Tom's fix did not work for me... The same error kept recurring. I finally clicked on the open support site button and it's informing me to update from 2011 to 2012 'Most customers find that updating solves their product issues.'
Tony
I had to turn off SONAR Protection because, as a software developer, it did not like some of my applications and automatically deleted them, no questions asked.
david
hey tom. i did what you said but mine is different. could you help me with this? i click "help and support" then "get support" but next is says "checking your connection: we are unable to communicate with one of our servers"
robin
I cant fix sonar protection
sherri
I have Norton and it says can't be fixed, I am on a fit. help me please.
David
hey guys how you fix it now i have same problem
Barbi_71
I had the sonar "error" with Norton 360. I installed the free version of Malwarebytes & did the Full scan. Error is gone, but its only been 12 hours, we'll see!
david
Who the world is Tom??????????????????
Turuhira
I have the same problem with sonar protection. i have tried toms suggestion and it doesnt work for me, has any1 else found another way?
sharon
this is driving me crazy, mine says the same thing!!! sonar, fix now an it wont work!! help!!!
Michelle
what is Tom's suggestion?!?!?!
tom

It will start a scan of your system. Mine had an issue with the Sonar definitions. It asked to reboot to confirm, and upon reboot everything was fixed and running properly.
Tom

Miley
it still hasn't worked for me, even the support thing hasn't helped me :(
what do I do? it says failed to complete.
Adena
Mine is not working either....HELP!!
Bea
How do you turn Sonar off? I ran the support check and it said all was okay.
ashley
how do you get to page two
Mohammed
I got same problem !!! SONAR Protection. Could any one can help me, I don't know how can I find page 2 !!!
charlie
i found Tom's reply, his reply number is # 37607

you can tell because he has alot of votes (thumbs up)
j
I also have sonar protecton not fixed what do i do
Franklin
Where is Tom? I don't see him anywhere?
kevv
sometimes the only way to fix this is to go to support, i dont know why they have not fixed this. but thanks to these comments, i was able to solve my problem
Henry
its very easy to fix, just click on the support link and it will start to look for any errors in the installation. very easy.

note if you are getting this error, you just need to update your norton to a new version
Title: Norton Internet Security Sonar Protection Not Fixed [2637]
Tags: norton internet security antivirus virus protection pc computer laptop firewall
By
Comments 68
Visits 33614