List Of All The 50 States That Make Up The United States Of America

Forums » Blogs » List Of All The 50 States That Make Up The United States Of America
this website contains a complete list of all the states that make up the united states of america USA in north america they are the all of the 50 american states
22-p1592-50-states-usa-map.png
This is the list of all 50 (fifty) states of the United States Of America in alphabetical order

i hope you guys like this because when i was looking for it i couldn't find a complete list so i updated for you

i know sometimes its hard finding what you are looking for but hopefully this will help like when you are doing your homework right

UPDATE: i uploaded a map of the states for you.
  1. Alabama
  2. Alaska
  3. Arizona
  4. Arkansas
  5. California
  6. Colorado
  7. Connecticut
  8. Delaware
  9. Florida
  10. Georgia
  11. Hawaii
  12. Idaho
  13. Illinois
  14. Indiana
  15. Iowa
  16. Kansas
  17. Kentucky
  18. Louisiana
  19. Maine
  20. Maryland
  21. Massachusetts
  22. Michigan
  23. Minnesota
  24. Mississippi
  25. Missouri
  26. Montana
  27. Nebraska
  28. Nevada
  29. New Hampshire
  30. New Jersey
  31. New Mexico
  32. New York
  33. North Carolina
  34. North Dakota
  35. Ohio
  36. Oklahoma
  37. Oregon
  38. Pennsylvania
  39. Rhode Island
  40. South Carolina
  41. South Dakota
  42. Tennessee
  43. Texas
  44. Utah
  45. Vermont
  46. Virginia
  47. Washington
  48. West Virginia
  49. Wisconsin
  50. Wyoming

ok, the next question is going to be.. are there 50 states or 52 states? which are the remaining two?

- Washington DC
- Puerto Rico

if you notice on the american flag, there are only 50 stars, not 52. these two are not states, they are jurisdictions

can you help me.. can you tell me why you are looking for this list?
frank
california is the best state in the entire country. i have lived in other states, and none compares to california
Valerie
i am looking for this list because i home school and needed a list of the 50 states for a project.
druza
i want to visit the state
Yvonne
disagreement of brits, i said 50, the men said 52

thanks for the information x
Jacquie
I was just helping my daughter with her 4th grade homework. She has a sheet of silhouettes of the states and she has to guess by looking at them what they are. Just for fun I found the states in order on line and printed them out and then I saw 52 states and thought what? But I can see now that Washington DC and Puerto Rico are just jurisdictions. :) Please don't send me anything extra. I was just computer surfing, like chanel surfing on t.v. :)
http://wallpaperama.com/forums/list-of-all-the-50-states-that-make-up-the-united-states-of-america-t390.html
carlito
an argument with ma buddies is wat med me check the net to see wetha its 50 or 52 states,now i knw i always thot it was 52.wen u say jurisdictions for remaining 2,y?
Asibazuyo
thank you i just wanted to know them for knowlwdge purposes and i love to go there one day.
Roxana
Because i am doing a list of states i want to travel for a computer prject at school so i need at least 6 to 10 states i am choosing 6 cuase im lazy to do 10 yes .. but also can u HELP me explain of like each of the states . Thank You for NOT being lazy ! Love U ! ;DD
Dream
You aren't lazy. If you were lazy then you wouldn't do the project.
Tabby
Making a list of place I would like to travel and would like to go to each state in the U.S.
mainerocks*1*
because i needed a list to cross off when i found that sates license plate on the way to california and i like in Maine.......... a long way if you don't know.
Charlene
I'm collecting gold ornaments for each of the states I've visited, and I needed a list of the states so I could see which states' ornaments I'm missing.
Emily
um thank u but i think u should also have a map to sho us where they are so we can see and not guess
Jason
I am using this site to find which State quarters i still need. Thanks for all the help!
Kaylynn
Thank you for making this page, I amin 4th grade and need to us this site for the info on the states thank you.
Joanna
Hey, thank you very much. I am a primary school teacher in England. We are doing a creative week where every class is a different country. My class is USA and I couldn't find a simple list of the 50 states anywhere, so thank you very much.
jenna
i was looking 4 this because i in 22 weeks we r going on spring break and we were looking for some good places to go so i was writing down options and i couldnt remember all the states.
Chris
I was missing some State Quarters and wanted to compare it to the list to find out which ones I needed. Thank you for your help!
monica
My son and I are learning the states together. We really apriiciate the list, thank you.
abe
thanks for helping. it was great for my homework. seriously though theirs only 50 states. NOT 52.
andy
njce..but wrong ...there are 46 states..50 jn total..but 4 are not states..they are commonwealths.. u name them??!!
Brett
The commonwealths are states too. The only reason they are called commonwealths is how they were formed into states.

Please do not confuse the idiots on this page. I can't even believe someone has to tell people there are not 52 states. Freaking unbelievable.

Then you come in with this brilliant statement (insert sarcastic tone).

If you are unintelligent, then do not spread silly.

Thanks
ismaila
thans for given me the oppourtunity to see the list of all states in the united stats am not a techer bat rader i like to go arond the world.thanks
Gabrielle
You see I have this assignment for my college test thingy and I needed a list of the states in alphabetical order. so yeah...
Kzer
this is nice I need this to our world history and this is very useful thanks Ang galing galing mo DRE!!!
Amanullah
Dear I am on visit of USA i am very interested to have a information about the all staes. regards, Aman Kakar
cassie
i am a teacher and am testing my students on the 50 states and capitals. i am using this as a master list. thank you for having it!
jackie
OMG!!!!! I have to like learn all 50 states and its capital in one day I dont think im going to make it.......ITS CRAZYYYY!!!!!!!
Richard
My friends and I had a little misunderstandin concerning this so I wanted to find out.
Sophie
My goal in life is to go to all 50 states and so far i've been to about 39 states and im only 13 so over have way there so yay!!! :) but I told my Geogrophy Teacher i wound make a list for her. My parents and my oldest/only sister have been to 48 states. (they ain't counting the other two states.
P.S. Washington D.C. is our contry's capital and Porto Rico is like a territory not a state the don't vote or pay taxes.
Faiza
Cool, I didn't even know that some of these states where really states. I have to memorize the 50 states because in one of my class's we were reading a book and the teacher asked, 'Which state is the setting in the book?' Someone in my class said, 'Canada'. My teacher started laughing. She said that Canada is not even a state.
Texas77377
Working with Kindergartener on 50 states. Found a great song on YouTube and blank map that she can fill in.
Gordon
I am s historian and student of international relations. elaborate the list and indicate the date when they joined the original 13 states
Paul
Not to be picky but Washington DC is a Federal District and Puerto Rico is a Territory. If you are going to add Territories then you should include Guam and American Samoa.
Morning
I am schocked to think anyone who has been educated in the USA thinks we have 52 States! Puerto Rico is NOT a state, and District of Columbia is also NOT a State. Go back to school, or read books from the library!!
Jackie
My new hoppy is collection shot glasses & as of right now I have only 11 of the states and they are: Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michiigan, Mississippi,
Missouri, Ohio, South Dakota and that's because those are the states i've been to but my health has gotten really bad & would never ever make the other states so please help me with getting the rest of the states! I really would appreciate it very much!

Sincerely,
Jacqueline
nafeeza
there ae 52 states and who ever says there are not there wrong!
kloiye
thanks i forgot some of the states in alpha ! :) such a life saver
nate
thank you, it is a life saver for a public speech I have!
Shasta
You should put the year they were founded and put them in order by which they were founded (*example* Vermont was the 13th State)
ronnel
thanks this is for our assingment
lynette
alaska and hawaii
timmy
thinks interesting
marie
I used this to create a list of states to label a puzzle map for a classroom.
patricia
my boyfriend is from puerto rico and he did not believe me that alaska and hawaii were part of the u.s. he has lived here for many years and no one told him that.
Talley
want to make a song so i can remember the 50 states... but i don't know them had to look them up. great site
jazzi
i am doing hw and i need to know the 50 states
ashley
me and my freind made a bet that i couldn't name all 50 states so just makin sure ps if i win this i get five $'s!
Lillian
social studies lesson thanks so much
PAULA
I HAVE COLLECTED THE CENTENNIAL QUARTERS AND WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAVE COLLECTED ALL 50 STATES
frank
i wanted this list because i was not able to tell u the states if my life depended on it and i would like change that,after all i was born n raised here i should know
rose
it will enable me understand better why my history lecturer has high esteem for the USA in terms of political organization and sovereignty.He believes the Americans are hardworking that's what make their strength amongst the other countries of world.Reason why,there is huge and massive influx of migration from the other countries of the world in to the USA yearly.
Title: List Of All The 50 States That Make Up The United States Of America [1592]
Tags: map atlas states usa country capitals
By , 80 Comments