How To Install Apt Get In Linux Instructions Installating Apt Redhat Fedora

Forums » Linux Hosting » How To Install Apt Get In Linux Instructions Installating Apt Redhat Fedora
This Page Contains information about How To Install Apt Get In Linux Instructions Installating Apt Redhat Fedora By wallpaperama with 12 Replies. Last Upated: Thu Apr 24, 2014
ok, this little post will only show you how you can install apt in your fedora or redhat computer, i'm not sure if will work in other distributions like debian or centos or others. nonetheless, these are my instructions i follow when i want to install apt in my server or computer in the shell command:

CODE:
yum install apt

Edit /etc/apt/sources.list -make sure to have these lines:
CODE:
rpm http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/4/i386 core updates freshrpms
rpm http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/4/i386 tupdates
rpm http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/1/i386 core updates freshrpms

to edit /etc/apt/sources.list run this command:
CODE:
nano /etc/apt/sources.list
hey
i ask how to install apt! how the f1uck you can isntall it if you don't have yum
not
it says bash: yum: command not found

what now, genious
Ix
dunno for sure about all the distro's but i'm pretty sure the debian distro's already have apt-get by default. there might be ones out there that don't, but i haven't encountered them if they exist.
akbar
unmet dependencies. try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
plz solve this problm

laughingatyou
"what now, genious"
you go buy a dictionary and learn to spell before you open your smart body mouth... genius.

genius
n ( pl. geniuses )
1 exceptional intellectual or creative power or other natural ability : she was a teacher of genius | gardner had a real genius for tapping wealth.
2 a person who is exceptionally intelligent or creative, either generally or in some particular respect : one of the great musical geniuses of the 20th century.
3 ( pl. genii ) (in some mythologies) a guardian spirit associated with a person, place, or institution.
รข a person regarded as exerting a powerful influence over another for good or evil : he sees adams as the man's evil genius.
4 ( pl. genii ) the prevalent character or spirit of something such as a nation or age : boucher's paintings did not suit the austere genius of neoclassicism.
not you.
ran
apt is missing in moblin 2.0. hope to hear from you
whatever
after install linux (ubuntu or fedora)then I try to install use apt-get install... ,system ask me has become root. how I can become root. I did try sudo, ..? thanks
Hadaco
run it from the root by writing the command: "su" and afterwards the root's password. then try to install with the same installation command but without "sudo" (because you're already in root..)
wat
Maybe the reason I wanted to install a package manager was BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A PACKAGE MANAGER.
Faiyaz
Installed.. Great POST
dez
apt-get was from the debian distribution, and ubuntu derived from debian. i'd seriously change the header's smaller print to not say debian. dont want nobody to send any hate in your direction lol im wanting to do something drastic im gonna install amahi (based on fedora 14) and want to know what u need to install deb's apt-get so i can upgrade the os using either debian or ubuntu repositories, lol to become a franken-build :-p i know it sounds weird but i want the end product to end up with amahi server and it being operational on a fully working ubuntu without the hard graft of installing here there everywhere :-p
Title: How To Install Apt Get In Linux Instructions Installating Apt Redhat Fedora [416]
Tags: how to install apt get in linux instructions installating apt redhat fedora