i had failed the smog test earlier this year and i was told by one of this forums that i may have a bad catalitic converter, so i removed it from you car to check.

catalytic converters usually dont go bad, the only thing that can go bad is that the honey comb mesh break or they get blocked. but as you can see from this picture,image, photo, photograph i took of my exhaust catalytic converter, my is in good shape because i can see through it, nothing is blocking it nor it broken.

so this is a picture (image) example of a good catalytic convert of a photograph i took to post this pic on this blog.

they usually cost around $500 dollars, so they are very expensive to replace, with labor, you can expect to pay like $800 dollars, if you can do it yourself, there are places who manufacture converters. Its ilegal to buy used converters, so don't even tihink about going to the local junk yard trying to find a used one. there is a place near my home that remanufactures catalitic converters, so if i ever need one, i think that's the first place i am going to ry to go to. another option is the local auto parts store, the last resort would be to go tot the dealer, but if you go to the dealer, you can expect to pay double the price. buying it from an auto parts store is just as good, if not better than buying from the original car maker. if you have an import, you can expect tripple the cost if you buy it from the dealer.

whare is the calatilyc converter located? well, if you looked underneed your car, it will problably be like in the middle of the car, i looks like a muffler, you can see it because it connects from the engine exhaust pipes and it goes down underneath the vehicle and then it connect to a long pipe to your exhaust muffler at the rear of the car. as you can see from the picture below, the "cat" as is often called, is between the exhaust muffler and the intake engine manifold. here on this picture, someone is removing an o2 sensor from the catalitic converter.