How Can I Find Out Which Version Of Tomcat Installed - Linux Systems

Forums » Linux Systems » How Can I Find Out Which Version Of Tomcat Installed
This Page Contains information about How Can I Find Out Which Version Of Tomcat Installed - Linux Systems By tomcta with 2 Replies. Last Upated: Fri Apr 11, 2014
i have an apache server with linux and it has tomcat installed by default. i want to know how can i find out which version of tomcat is in my installation? is there a command line in the shell i can send to find that out, i know how to check what version of apache i have, but now im interested i knowing whats the version of tomcat server is currently installed in my machine.

how can i find out?
wallpaperama
the command i use is tomcat5 -v
i have red hat fedora core 7, so im not sure if its the same for other distributinos.

[root at localhost ~]# tomcat5 -v
found java_home: /usr/lib/java
please complete your /etc/tomcat5/tomcat5.conf so we won't have to look for it next time
using catalina_base:   /usr
using catalina_home:   /usr
using catalina_tmpdir: /usr/temp
using jre_home:
usage: dtomcat5 ( commands ... )
commands:
  debug             start catalina in a debugger
  debug -security   debug catalina with a security manager
  jpda start        start catalina under jpda debugger
  run               start catalina in the current window
  run -security     start in the current window with security manager
  start             start catalina in a separate window
  start -security   start in a separate window with security manager
  stop              stop catalina
  stop -force       stop catalina (followed by kill -kill)
  version           what version of tomcat are you running?

http://wallpaperama.com/forums/how-can-i-find-out-which-version-of-tomcat-installed-t6743.html
Vipin
If you see the out put of mentioned commands - it suggest dtomcat binary to be used -- Here is the output on my server- [root - at - ****p07 tomcat5]# dtomcat5 version Using CATALINA_BASE: /usr/share/tomcat5 Using CATALINA_HOME: /usr/share/tomcat5 Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/share/tomcat5/temp U JRE_HOME: Server version: Apache Tomcat/5.5.23 Server built: Jun 25 2009 12:44:09 Server number: 5.5.23.0 OS Name: Linux OS Version: 2.6.18-164.el5PAE Archite i386 JVM Version: 1.5.0_06-b05 JVM Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. [root - at - ****07 tomcat5]#
Title: How Can I Find Out Which Version Of Tomcat Installed - Linux Systems [3036]
Tags: how can i find out which version of tomcat installed
By , 2 Comments