i didn't know i had a big nose until the age of 12 when my so called friends made fun of my because i had a big nose. before that time, i didn't know i had a big nose, i though i looked normal. Since them, thought junior high and high school, i had to take the emberasment of people making fun of me because of my big nose. whenever anyone wanted to say something bad about me, they would always attack me by making fun of my nose. the most popular of them all was pinochio (pinocchio).

everytime someone would make fun of me because of my nose, it would hurt me. Sometimes i would go into my room and cry because i just felt unaccepted because of my looks. I remember having a girlfriend as tough. all the girls were always looking for the best looking guys, and i've noticed that ALL these guys never had a big nose. I thought about a billions times about getting plastic surgery, but my mother could not afford any surgery much less finding a doctor who would do surgery on a teen. My only option was to wait till i grew up find a job and actually pay for the operation myself. I wanted to much to have a girlfriend. I remember having my first girlfriend at the age of 15. but she wasn't the best looking girl. so i had to settle for her. I remember there was this girl called Claudia. she looked like an angel. I looked forward to 5th period class which was my science class. I would stare at her, and when she looked at me, i would get embarresed and loook away. I never had the balls to go to her and talk to her. All my confidence was shut down by the other kids making fun of my nose. I felt that if i approach her, she would also make fun of my nose, so to avoid the embarrasment, i never talked to her. boy, if i only knew what i know now, i would have gone to talk to ther anyway. But when you are young, your wisdom in life is not that great. mostly when you are a teenager, your concern is the physical attraction. now that i am 30 years old, i realize how much there is to know about love and life and how to treat people. Being an adult is different because the most important part about a person is their heart and not ther face.

Nonetheless, after all my wisdom and knowledge about life, i still didn't feel as confident about myself because i felt my nose was disformed. i didn't like how it look. so at the age of 28, i had saved enough money from working at my jon, that i went to see a rhino surgeon. he went through the process and he told me it was going to cost $5000 dollars. This was back in 1998, so i dont' know how much it costs now. I felt bad because i am a follower of Jesus and i thought maybe my religion would prohibit me from going forward and getting a costmetic surgery. I pray to Jesus and asked for his blessings.

The first week after the surgery was horrible. I couldn't breath because i had some cotton stuck up my nose to prevent any bleeding and everytime i would sleep i would wake up with a sore throat and a dry mouth because i could only breath though my mouth. After two weeks i went back to the doctor to remove all the stuff from my nose. I remember he saying that it was going to take about two year to fully heal. for the first month, all i did was to look at my nose in the mirror. as everyday passed, i noticed that my nose didn't change much. although it was better, it wasn't 100% of what i expected. After a couple of months once all the swelling was gone, my nose was not as deformed as it was in before. I felt more confident in my life, before the surgery, i would get embarrased walking the crosswalk because i felt like people in the cars were making fun of my nose. but know i still walk with confidence. The Doctor told me that if he made my nose smaller it would look asian and it would be better if i leave like it is. I agree with him and i am happy with the way i look. I've come to realize that you should give people a chance, no matter how they look. Be friendly to anyone no matter of their appearance. I've met different people from different countries and i am glad i did, otherwise, i've never would have learn so much about other cultures.

So if you are a teen or a kid wanting to get a nose job because your so called friends are making fun of your nose, is to wait until you are an adult. don't change the way you look because other people don't like the way you look. be happy with yourself, if you show a positive attitude and a happy face, you will attract happy people into your life. Something i learned about why doctors don't want to perform surgey on young teens is because when you are in that age, your body is going through changes, and your body may not be as strong as when you are an adult. once you are all grown, your body has stop changing and it would be better to have a surgery once you are all grown up. I know its tuff, but if you focus on the success of your future like making good grades and graduating you will open doors to your future. I know because when you go to a job interview the interviewer always look at your education and how good you did in school. I think it would be more embarrasing to go to a job interview without an education and a big nose than to go with no education and a good nose. Trust me, in the real world, people care more about your character than the way you look. be strong and hang in there, there's nothing wrong with you. Go out and make friends, don't look for the prettiest girls or the best looking guys in school to make friends with. give other people with big nose, glasses, fat a chance, because you will learn something from them and you will also be stronger because you have friends who don't care so much about looks. good luck and pray to Jesus that he guide to you make good friends and your choices.