- How To Replace Oxygen Sensors O2 Catalytic Converter Emissions Fail Pass
This Page Contains information about How To Replace Oxygen Sensors O2 Catalytic Converter Emissions Fail Pass By edwino85 in category Blogs with 1 Replies. Last Upated: Fri Dec 23, 2016 
Fri Oct 06, 2006
Ok, I failed my emissions test, and in the process of making my car better to pass the emissions test, i had to replace my two o2 sensors. To replace them i had to remove the exhaust system on my 1996 Nissan 300zx. This project took me about 16 hours to complete, two day totoal. 8 hour each day. These are the steps i took to do this.
1. I had to remove the exaust pipes from underneath the car.
2. To remove the Oxygen Sensors you need a special socket. I went to the my local auto parts store and rented this tool:
3. This is a picture of the broken sensor i had to replace
4. Install the new sensors with in the after catalytic coverter with the special socket
5. After you have installed the new Oxygen sensors, r-intstall the exhaust pipes.