today while i was removing my tire from my nissan 300zx, i had trouble removing one of the nuts from the bolt, so i used all my strength to remove it until i finally busted the stud. so now i have to drive without a nut.

well, thats not safe, so instead i decided to replace it, so i went to the local auto parts store and bought a set of 10 for both of the rear wheels. i am replacing all of them because im also getting resistance from the others and i know they will break soon so i rather just do them all then replac them on by one. that sucks.

as you can see from this picture, one of my wheel stud is broken:
20081207_6855_wheel-stud-broke.jpg

step 1: lift your car on safety stands and remove wheels

step 2: remove caliper brakes and rotor
20081207_6855_eel-stud-caliper.jpg

step 3. now that you have removed the rotors, you can have easy access to the studs, the only way i can remove these suckers is by using a hammer and hammering them out.
20081207_6855_heel-stud-remove.jpg

step 4. once you have hamered out the stud, it will fall off, its helpful to use a magnet to pull it out from all the break stuff.
20081207_6855_el-stud-removing.jpg

step 5: now put the new stud it and use one of the nuts to tighten to pull the bolt into position, the more you can tight the bolt, the more the bolt will come in cotact with the hole. thats is.
20081207_6855_wheelstud-repair.jpg

this is pretty simple to do. the hard part is removing the old broken stud. but its worth it, if you take it to a shop, they will charge you like 200 bucks to do this. it took me about 5 mintues for each stud. so all in all, it probably took me about 1 hour and 20 minutes. but if you have power tools, it wil defenetly take you less.

hope this helps

thanks

what car do you have?