This tutorial is for the purpose of showing our Webune customers how to install the Zend Optimizer in their dedicated servers with Redhat, Fedora, Centos Linux:

NOTE: If you are a Webune Managed Customer, Please contact support and Webune will install The Zend Optimizer on your Dedicated Server Service At no charge. If you are not a Managed Customer, but would like Webune to install The Zend Optimizer for you, please contact our sales team to request this service.

1. Downloading - Download a copy of the Zend Optimizer from zend.com
>> Be sure to select the "Linux x86" option when downloading <<
When you click ont "Linux x86" in a couple of seconds, you will see this:

2. Upload - After you have downloaded a copy of the Zend Optimizer, (If you need to , upload the tar.gz file into your server)

3. SSH - Login to your server with an SSH Session and go to the directory where you uploaded the Zend file.

3. Unpack - Once you have the Zend tar.gz file in your server, untar the ZendOptimizer-3.0.1-linux-glibc21-i386.tar.gz file with the following command:
CODE:
tar xvfz ZendOptimizer-3.0.1-linux-glibc21-i386.tar.gz

4. Change Directory - Once all the files have been unpacked, change to the newly created Zend Optimizer directory with this command:
CODE:
cd ZendOptimizer-3.0.1-linux-glibc21-i386

5. Confirm - Once you have changed directory, Make sure the install.sh file has been created. To list the files send this command:
CODE:
ls -l
and you will see something like this:

6. Install - Now that you have confirmed that the install.sh file has been created execute the followng command to begin installation:
CODE:
./install.sh

7. Zend Install Step1: Hit Enter on your keybord for OK

8. Zend Install Step2: Accept License Agreement by hitting Enter on your keyboard

9. Zend Install Step3: Hit Enter for Yes

10. Zend Install Step4: Hit Enter on your keyboard for OK

11. Zend Install Step5: Hit Enter on your keyboard for OK

12. Zend Install Step6: Hit Enter for Yes

13. Zend Install Step7: Hit Enter on your keyboard for OK

14. Zend Install Step8: Hit Enter on your keyboard for OK

15. Zend Install Step9: Hit Enter on your keyboard for OK

16. Zend Install Step10: Hit Enter for Yes to restart Apache

17. Zend Install Step11: Hit Enter on your keyboard for OK to Finish Installation

DONE