- Linux Hosting
- How To Create User Account In Linux Unix With Root Permissions
This post will show you the steps necessary to create a user account in linux/unix systems. if you are an linux administator this command will be helpful for creating new users with root access to their server 
Fri Aug 25, 2006
This post will show you the steps necessary to create a user account in linux/unix systems. in my example I will be creating the following:
username: login_name (do not use spaces)
password: [email protected]
(its a good idea to use upper case and characters)NOTE:
you must be logged in as root in order to create another user.
1. Login as root
2. Enter the following at the shell promptFOR MOST REDHAT DISTRIBUTIONS:
adduser login_nameFOR MOST SuSE ENVIRONMETNS:
useradd -m login_name
3. Next, you need to give the new user a password for the new account. Enter the following command
4. You will be asked to enter a password for login_name
5. Afer you have entered the password, you will be asked to re-enter the password. If both passwords don't match, you will get an error. Otherwise, Congratulations! you have created a new account in you linux system.