as a wallpaper website administrator i use php for many of our projects. sometimes its necessary to find out if an image file already exist and to prompt the user to upload a different file because we already have the file in our database. finding out whether a file already exists is easy if you are using php. i dont know much about other languages like asp or cgi, but with php you can use the files_exists() function for checking to see if a file already exits in a website.

so if you want to know how you can check if a file exists with php, you can use the
file_exists() function,

EXAMPLE PHP CODE:
<?php
$filename = '/pathto/file.php';

if (file_exists($filename)) {
echo "The file $filename exists";
} else {
echo "The file $filename does not exist";
}
?>

if you want to give it a try, create a file called checkfile.php and copy and paste the code above and upload to your site. just make sure to change the value of $filename to the file you want to verify and confirm if you already have it in your directories.

hope that helps.

please note, my english is not that good. i speak spanish and im trying to help anyone who can benefit from my knowledge. if you have any comments, please reply to my page here, i would appreciate your comments.

gracias!