How To Put Tab In HTML Code Making Tab Tag In Web Pages

Forums » HTML » How To Put Tab In HTML Code Making Tab Tag In Web Pages
This Page Contains information about How To Put Tab In HTML Code Making Tab Tag In Web Pages By wallpaperama with 9 Replies. Last Upated: Fri Apr 11, 2014
today i wanted to kwnow how i can put a tab on my web page. is there a HTML tab tag? - NO Why isn't there one? - I HAVE NO IDEA How can i put a tab in my web pages? there are several ways you can make it look like there are tabs in your webpages since there isn't a tab tag in html. so the best thing for now is to use the <pre> tag the way you can put tab characters in your HTML is by using what's called -preformatted- text with the <pre> tag. here and example:
<pre>
Last First Gender
John Dow Male
Mary Smith Female
</pre>
and this is how it looks like:
Last	First	Gender
John	Dow	Male
Mary	Smith	Female
jbot
there used to be tab tag in html 2, but it got taken out of the spec.

if you're developing for the lynx browser, though, you can still use it.

it's only in modern browsers that it doesn't work.
http://wallpaperama.com/forums/how-to-put-tab-in-html-code-making-tab-tag-in-web-pages-t1436.html
jbot
actually, i made a mistake. it was html 3, not version 2.

here's the link anyway: w3.org/markup/html3/tabs.html
xavier
i want to know more about html
kyai
how to set the tab width in a pre tag?
aslam
`hasdlkal;skdlaks
vicky
i've spent the whole afternoon to do something with the html code of opening links in new tab.....wat do i get??? nothing , great~
Elle
so how would you indent a paragraph then - if there's no tab tag?
Katie
and what if we want a tab on a paragraph? what do we do then? i've tried to use the pre crap but it doesn't work right or at least the way i want it to. help me
Title: How To Put Tab In HTML Code Making Tab Tag In Web Pages [704]
Tags: how to put tab in html code making tab tag in web pages
By , 9 Comments