How To Make Scrolling Text Moving Up Or Down In Web Page Using HTML CSS

Forums » HTML » How To Make Scrolling Text Moving Up Or Down In Web Page Using HTML CSS
this page is about a tutorial i wrote that will show you how you can make text scroll automatically up or down depending on what your configuation of the code is useing HTML and CSS code
Please Tell Your Friends About Wallpaperama

NOTE: IF YOU HAVE FIREFOX YOU WILL SEE THE TEXT SCROLL. BUT IF YOU HAVE INTERNET EXPLORER IT MAY NOT WORK. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD FIREFOX BROWSER WHICH IS MUCH BETTER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER AND MUCH FASTER. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD FOR FREE AT WWW.GETFIREFOX.COM

hi,

Today you will learn a little trick to make scrolling or rolling text that goes vertically or horizontally in your web pages. this tag makes it look like a ticketing system like the new york stocks.

- hosting for this script provided by: www.webune.com

so here is this short little tutorial guide i wrote:

1. if you don't have an web editor, you can use your favorite text editor, for this purpose, i will use windows xp, notepad since everyone uses notepad here.

2. Copy and paste this code into notepad:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>Wallpaperama - Making Text Scroll with marquee html tag</title>
</head>

<body>
<marquee behavior="scroll" direction="up" loop="-1" truespeed>Please Tell Your Friends About Wallpaperama</marquee>

<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>this is what make this work:</p>
<p>&lt;marquee behavior=&quot;scroll&quot; direction=&quot;up&quot; loop=&quot;-1&quot; truespeed&gt;Please Tell Your Friends About Wallpaperama&lt;/marquee&gt;</p>
<p>you can chave however you like with this tag properties, you can make it go up, down, left, righ, slide or whatever you want. I suggest you play with it. </p>
<p><strong>behavior</strong>: alternate scroll slide </p>
<p><strong>direction</strong>: up, down, left, right</p>
<p><strong>loop</strong>: whatever number of repetitions you want, if you want infinate (never stops), put -1</p>
<p><strong>truspeed</strong>: i put this to make it with whatever the user's default </p>
<p>If you found this little tutorial helpful, we would greatly appreciate a link to www.wallpaperama.com </p>
<p>you can put this code in your site:</p>
<p>
<textarea name="textarea" cols="35" rows="5" wrap="VIRTUAL"><a href="http://www.wallpaperama.com" target="_blank" title="Free Wallpapers">Free Wallpapers At Wallpaperama</a></textarea>
</p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p>Wallpaperama Team </p>
<p><a href="http://www.wallpaperama.com/forums/how-to-make-scrolling-text-moving-up-or-down-in-web-page-using-html-css-t512.html">&lt;&lt; Go Back </a></p>
</body>
</html>

save the file as wallpaperama.html

after you have saved the file as wallpaperama.html open it with your browser, and you will see exactly what you see above. but it will be on your own computer..

pretty neat huh?

this is what make this work:
<marquee behavior="scroll" direction="up" loop="-1" truespeed>Please Tell Your Friends About Wallpaperama</marquee>

you can chave however you like with this tag properties, you can make it go up, down, left, righ, slide or whatever you want. I suggest you play with it.

behavior: alternate scroll slide

direction: up, down, left, right

loop: whatever number of repetitions you want, if you want infinate (never stops), put -1

truspeed: i put this to make it with whatever the user's default

If you found this little tutorial helpful, we would greatly appreciate a link to www.wallpaperama.com

Gaylord
will this work on windows 8?
Sharmer
This paper doesn't describes marquee in css ! What a shame...
Cuda
I recently used the code for scroll up on my group.Its works fine,just wondering how to make the content of my group scroll up also like the forum content.The group i have is private,having trouble coloring the text as well.
Kreantz
Is there a way to make the text waving while moving? cuz i saw someone have it but not in a web its an .exe aplication..
http://wallpaperama.com/forums/how-to-make-scrolling-text-moving-up-or-down-in-web-page-using-html-css-t512.html
Chris
Works great in IE, the best browser.
Blay
28-512-ghana-flag-in-circle-design.png
Awesome.. thank fine
JaceAce
Great coding... Although I'm lookimng for a code that allows the initial home page to load and then a time "auto" text to scroll from the bottom of the page upwards to be left loaded on the page itself.... Sim to the scrolling text at the start of StarWars movie or credits at end of a movie, but unlike those two examples they remain visible in the page itself.. KEEN TO KNOW IF SUCH A CODE EXISTS?
rewtesdg
thx man............
Dheemanth
it is good but it comes only for small gap if it comes to the whole page means it wud hav been ausom.
sanjib
very useful.and helpful for all web designer.
saqulan
marketing company is the one of the best company in if you are looking for sms marketing then please visit this site you will get your desired results.
PANKAJ
very nice tag i like it
sarath
it really works
pat
i cant find out why my emails wont scroll up or down
bharat
excellent
Rahul
scrollamount=1 or 2 or 10...
whatever you want....
Joshua
I was wondering what the code would be to have it scroll only once and then stop in a predetermined area of the page. Is this possible?
soy_dunbo
awesome!! thanks a lot~
unknown
umm it didnt work for me!
ZAIN
THANX ALOT
indiya
the solution is given correctly, i have no stress
Julie
Hello.. loves this but how do I slow it down?
Eric
Could someone tell me how to make the text bigger and how to change the font size for this?
jigar
thanxs a lot i really want this type of code
jay
thanks for helping us... using your tutorial now i can solve many problems...
Alex
I have got it right, now I can create scrolling text.
Thanks.
My name is Alex Kayamba,
vijay
your tutorial easy,super simple .........................
Tobias
How do you make longer texts work correctly? It starts over before the last line is there. I have written about 10 lines i want to be scrolled up.
ali
Thanks

This is a very good tutorial.
I hope this tutorial will be very helpfull for others like me.
This is a wonderfull trick which i never learned befor this.
thanks a lot.
jcal
can you please send me a code in Internet explorer in the code above
test
<script>alert("boo")</script>
jack
downloadconvertvideo
download and convert video from youtube
Tom
ziigames.co.uk saltycottages.co.uk
surya
simply outstanding.this is making my work easier
Erni
thanks your code was quite helpful. keep the flag flying.
Mycheal
i love this code it makes your page seem like you are looking at the rolling credits of a movie.
ahmed
thank you i put it in my site
annoula1984.blogspot
thnx
muralilrishna
it is really fantastic, thankyou for assitancace
KanitiK
i love this bec its simple n powerful ty very much
Hitesh
given information help me for my requirement but i can not increased it height. so help for height
michle
i want to know how to make a scrolling css box for feeds
alone09
thanks for this! i am actually working on my project. waaah! the submission is on monday!
lavidaespreciosa
welcome to my page
R.Chauhan
you said it'll be on my computer only. what ifi want to put this effect on my website?
will it work there too?
Zii
jllmarketing.co.uk ziigames.co.uk pembrokeshire-sports.co.uk
Zii
ziigames.co.uk
pembrokeshire-spo
johnjohn
awsawsawsawsaw
Emils
where do i need to paste it????? :(
rena
i need to move text more smooth than mentioned above
Ken
thanks it worked on my page but how can one have a background pic on a frame?
Title: How To Make Scrolling Text Moving Up Or Down In Web Page Using HTML CSS [668]
Tags: how to make scrolling text moving up or down in web page using html css