i remember while i was like 18 or 19 years old. my first job was as a customer sales representative. to get this job, i had to go through test and interviews, even though it paid just a little bit more than minimun wage. The company gave you information on you can be a good customer rep. I remember them telling you that you couldn't do always what the customer asked you, not to use bad words and to keep your cool. But o man, there were some customers that made you loose your temper. Stubborn customers are the ones that get you.

Those days were "the customer is always right" are gone. Now, its more like, if the customer wants to be right, the rep has to go by what the office or company policy is. I remember getting complains from customers that were not happy with the service and I wonder how the company did it to keep these customers, alot of the unhappy customers were due to company policy instead of customer service. customer get upset when they want something and you tell them that its the company's policy, they think that YOU are actually denying service and you are just making up the "company policy" part.

Its no wonder why all those jobs went outside the United States. Now whenever you call a service center, you will most likely talk to someone outside the United States. Before you wouldn't wait for a rep no more than 10 seconds, now its more like 10 minutes, you have to wait a long time to speak to someone, and even there are places where they don't have anyone to help you. it used to be that you can press the 0 button on you phone to speak to a representative, but now whenver i press the 0 button, i get some recording "that option is not available" hahaha

Anyway, if you want to be a good customer service representative, make sure you learn to kiss and to be patient and have tolarence. If people are calling you with their problems its because you are their only hope, try your best to help anyone, at at the end of the day, i guarantee you will be a more happy person.