so how do you remove a transmission from your z?
a 1996 300zx and i have a 5 speed manual transmision i need to remove in onder to change the clutch. according to the manual, you have to do this:
When removing the transmission assembly from engine, first remove the crankshaft position sensor (OBD) from the assembly. Be careful not to damage sensor edge and ring gear teeth.
- Remove exhaust tube.
- remove support bracket from M/T assembly
- Remove control rod from control lever.
- Remove propeller shaft.
- Insert plug into read oil seal after removing propeller shaft.
- Be careful not to damage spline, sleeve yoke and rear oil seal when removing propeller shaft
- disconnect backup lamp switch, neutral position switch and vehicle speed sensor harness connections.
- Remove clutch operating cylinder from transmission
- Support manual transmission with a jack.
- Remove rear mounting bracket.
- Lower manual transmission as much as possible.
- Remove transmission fixing bolts.
- Remove transmission from engine.
- Support manual transmission while removing it.
Bolt Installation - tighten all transmission bolts:
the hardest thing to do is to remove the top bolts, circled in this picture, but i was able to remove mine